Mackerels are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid that are essential for brain development and can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Omega-3 fatty acid are also recommended for those suffering from depression and dementia.
Heart health is another benefit we get from Omega-3 fatty acid. It helps to thin the blood and also improves blood flow in the system as well as prevent build-up of cholesterol in the blood and prevents constriction of the arteries.
Mackerels are also rich in vitamins and minerals that boosts immunity. The fish is also high in antioxidants that can help prevent cancer.
1 Big can Unipak Mackerel in Natural Oils
1 block Tofu (Sliced thinly and fried)
1 medium Eggplant (Sliced diagonally)
5 slices of Ginger (julienne cut)
4 cloves Garlic crushed
1 small onion sliced thinly
2 stalk Chives (separate the upper and lower portion)
1 Tbsp. Light Soy
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
¼ cup water
2 tsp. cornstarch
1. Heat the pan, add cooking oil and stir fry Ginger, Garlic and Onion. Add Unipak Mackarel (Use only half of the liquid). Simmer for 3 mins.
2. Add eggplant and leave for 2 mins then add fried tofu, light soy and the upper portion of chives.
3. Stir cornstarch in water and add to pan stirring constantly until it thickens.
4. Add sesame oil right before removing from heat.
5. Transfer in a hotpot dish and top with sliced lower portion of chives.
Prep and cooking time: 20 mins
Unipak Mackarel is a product of SLORD corporation and are available in all leading supermarkets nationwide.