Omega 3 is a type of polyunsaturated fat that cannot be produced by the human body and needs to be supplemented by food sources. One of the benefit a person get from Omega 3 supplements is it can help in lowering cholesterol level in the body hence it can also prevent heart diseases.
Both Adult and children stand to benefit from Omega 3 since it also help in nourishing the eyes and it also help in brain development.
Daing na Bangus and Sinigang na Bangus are two of the most popular milkfish dish in the country, but there are other delicious ways to cook this type of fish.
Here’s one way of cooking Bangus using an electric steamer.
Steamed MilkFish fillet with Ginger, Shallots and Leeks
- 1 (500g) pack of Bangus Back fillet
- 1 small Ginger, cut thinly
- 4 stalks Leeks, cut into 2 inches (lower portion cut into smaller segments for garnishing)
- 6 pieces Shallots sliced thinly
- 6 Tbsp Chinese Light Superior Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 3 Tbsp Shallot oil
- Fry Shallot until golden brown and set aside the remaining oil ( this will serve as the shallot oil).
- Arrange the leeks at the bottom of the steaming dish followed by the Bangus fillet, top Stir fried ginger and place onto the Steamer rack, cover and set to 25mins.
- On a heated pan bring to boil shallot oil and add the soy sauce and cooking wine and pour onto the steaming fish halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from steamer and transfer to a serving dish then top with fried shallots and fresh leeks. Serve hot.